Join us as we work with nonprofit organizations to clarify messaging, upgrade visual identity, and communicate effectively.
Content Specialist (Contract Position)
Who we are:
We are an early-stage startup marketing agency that works solely with clients in the social impact space (nonprofit organizations, B Corporations, etc.). We love what we do, and our culture provides a strong balance of work and fun. Our clients range from local nonprofits and social impact businesses to international development organizations.
We are strategists, creatives, and technologists who care deeply about creating a more just and equitable world. We believe that nonprofit leaders and organizations are catalysts for change and are leading the way in making sense of the rapidly changing world in which we find ourselves. Their ears are closest to the ground in communities across the globe, and we are passionate about coming alongside them to help expand their reach.
In collaboration with them, we help position their organizations to be more effective as agents of change in the world. Whether it’s through our comprehensive brand strategy process, full-service graphic design, website development, or copywriting and communications strategy, we work to move them from where they are to where they want to be.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a friendly, fun, creative, and organized person to serve in the role of Content Specialist. In this role, you will play an integral part in improving and accelerating our work, supporting nonprofits of all sizes across the country. This is a part-time role, fully remote, and reports to our co-owners.
The person in this role will write and copyedit creative, engaging, action-oriented, and fundraising-focused copy that helps donors understand our clients' work and move them to take action in support of their mission. They will also write and copyedit content to more clearly promote our agency's work.
The Content Specialist will manage our unique brand strategy process for new clients and support ongoing communications content in the voice of more than 20 existing clients (including email marketing, website copy, fundraising appeals, event communications, social media captions, etc.). They will also be responsible for developing, refining, and implementing writing and copyediting processes that create efficiencies for our company and our clients.
- Write and create outstanding content for nonprofit partners and their donors to significantly increase revenue
- Follow Liminal Creative’s unique brand strategy process by collaborating with nonprofit clients to establish their core messaging. The brand strategy will include the following: Why Statement, Vision Statement, Mission Statement, Core Values, Problem & Solution Statements, Brand Positioning, Target Audience, Tagline, Brand Voice & Personality, Program/Service Descriptions, Central Characters in Your Story, Calls to Action, Brand Narrative, Elevator Pitch
- Combine your expertise in communications with individual nonprofit voices to create language in line with their core messaging
- Develop content for client email marketing and fundraising campaigns, including email newsletters, surveys, postcards, direct mail letters, newsletter inserts, social media, and more
- Develop and implement best practices for nonprofit clients in a variety of sectors, both domestic and international
- Stay on top of communication, fundraising, best practices, and emerging techniques
We’re looking for someone with:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and fine-tuned attention to detail
- Experience writing nonprofit content that compels donors to give generously
- Creative writing skills that get the attention of donors and prospective donors
- Social media content strategy experience
- Keen understanding of best days and times to send emails and post on social media
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple clients and projects
- Interest in developing people management skills
- Intellectual curiosity that drives a willingness to learn and take on projects outside area of primary expertise
- Smarts, tenacity, and kindness
Bonus skills we’d love:
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Experience managing email marketing platforms such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, and HubSpot
- Familiarity with story-based marketing
- We are based in Portland, OR and Raleigh, NC, but we are a fully distributed team and are looking for the best fit
- Salary range: $30-45k/yr
- Contract Position: 20-30 hours/wk
- Opportunities for bonuses
- Work from anywhere
- Apple equipment
- Flexible time off
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We don’t need a formal cover letter — no one really likes them anyway. Instead, feel free to provide a short introduction to help us get to know you, along with some insight about the value you would add to our work. Basically, take a few minutes to let us know how awesome you are — in a way that fits your personality and style. Also, we would love to see examples of your work, so please send us some writing samples in whatever format works best for you.
Liminal Creative is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages Black, indigenous, people of color, women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, other minority groups, and veterans to apply.